When does your cylinder needs to be
“Re-Qualified” or Hydro Tested?
- Fiber Wrapped/Carbon Fiber (FRP) - Usually every 3 years, but some have switched to 5. Call us with the E number and we will look them up if you can't find then on the DOT Site.
- Steel (3A or 3AA marks) - usually every 5 years, but some large storage bottles have star marks (*) on them, allowing 10 year test cycle.
- Steel (3HT marks) - Every 3 years.
- Aluminum (3AL marks) - every 5 years (SCUBA, CO2 and O2 bottles usually)
How long can I use my cylinder if it is properly Hydro Tested when required (without failure)?
- Fiber Wrapped/Carbon Fiber (FRP) - Usually 15 years, some new bottles have been extended for 20 years.
- Steel (3A or 3AA marks) - Unlimited
- Steel 3HT bottles - 24 years
- Aluminum (3AL marks) - Unlimited
Why do I need to Hydro my cylinders?
Federal Law requires cylinders to be tested periodically for YOUR SAFETY!
It is against the law to fill an out-of-date cylinder. Not to mention, you don’t want this to happen to one of your cylinders:
Hydrostatic Testing Facility
5000 Burwell Street
Bremerton, WA 98312
2008 Fire Hydro. All Rights Reserved.
5000 Burwell Street, Bremerton, WA, 98312. (360) 373-6141
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10 - 6